8.2.07

Nothing is scarier

When I came home today for school, the telephone rang as I opened the door. Of course, being the closest person to the telephone I answered it.

Me: hello.
Caller: Ah hello, pwede po kay Ms Reyes?
Me: *trying to figure out the face behind the VERY familiar voice* Ms Reyes who?
Caller: Ah, Mrs Reyes po pala
Me: ---- *natatakot na, thinking it was Ms Dinlasan because the voice was really familiar.
Me: ha? sino 'to?
Caller: yung sa acupuncture po.. blah blah
Me: hindi na nakinig, tinawag na yung nanay ko.

WOW. WHAT A RELIEF.

Mrs Dino just told us a while ago that they're already starting to call parents. I wasn't really expecting a call since no teacher 'whispered' to me albeit my grades from the last quarter really decreased. Probably in all subjects. There's no wonder in that since the 3rd quarter was really hectic and hard. And okay I admit, I was really giving off slack last quarter. Well, not now. Haha.

So, tomorrow's the 'big day'. I'm seriously going for suicide if I embarrass myself in front of people tomorrow. I just hope that I won't be the first one eliminated in the Oral Spelling Bee tomorrow. And if it's not too much to wish, I hope I'd win in that category so that I wouldn't have to pressure myself to win the Jam Session category. Wow, as if there's a big chance of winning for me when there's the fact that I'm competing with 2 of the most brilliant people of my batch from the other sections; and there's Chriselle Sy, too--for those who don't know, that girl was the champion in the Word Factory event just this last intramurals. Plus, the winner of the Oral Spelling Bee category last year, EHEM EHEM, is going to be at it again. Wow, and me.. I'm just the last girl eliminated last year because I can't spell the fcuking word flambeaux. Well at least now, I can spell it. So, do you think there's still a chance left for me? Basta not the first/second/third girl to be eliminated is so okay na for me. Please lang, I have done so much for this kaya sana naman mag pay-off.

For the Jam Session, I am so more-than-terrified. I fear that I might not make a very good contest-piece due to the lack of time. And see how difficult my situation is: the topic will be given by 8am tomorrow; and by the hour of 8 tomorrow, I might still be participating at the Oral Spelling Bee. My ass is still working on there while my opponents are already making their speeches. How unfortunate. I tried to tell my case to Mrs Ben yesterday but she seemed too busy for her not to really understand my point. What the hey.

On the real scary side, I found this interesting video clip regarding Global Warming. Everyone who lives in this planet should be able to see this. It's really life-threatening. I remember I once aimed to be an environmentalist but seeing that in this third-world abode, no one acknowledges the presence of environmentalist and philanthropists, I lost the interest of aiming such goal.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home