4.11.06

'til then, farewell

I woke up this morning with the shocking news from my mom that her best friend, Tita Helen passed away in Bacolod (her province) weeks ago. She just heard the news from our helper's friend who happened to be Tita Helen's neighbor in Bacolod. My mom has been trying to contact Tita Helen for the past weeks, not knowing that she has already gone. This is freaky. My mom has only a few friends, really close friends and all of them have already passed away. It seems like a curse<--wth. If they don't die, they go insane. My mom has a close friend who got mentally insane (seryoso as in nabaliw siya talaga/may sakit sa utak/ wala sa sarili)

Tita Helen is the one who gave Madeline to us. She has this dog business. She used to be our neighbor and her house is really full of dogs of every kind. I hated going to her house way back then because her house smells bad (because of the dogs). Tita Helen is one of the most beautiful women I've seen. She's in her fifties but she just looks like in her thirties. She's chinese. Actually, the reason why she was named Helen because when she was born, her mother thought that she's the most beautiful among her sisters. She's the youngest. You know, Helen of Sparta, oh, of Troy pala--the most beautiful woman in the earth.

We're not close but I felt sad. It's really pretty weird that there are times these past weeks that the thought of her suddenly pops out my mind for no reason. Maybe that's what they call 'nagpaparamdam'. My mom feels bad because she can't contact any of Tita Helen's relatives now. The most uncanny thing is this: when we heard the news, I told Madeline "Madeline, patay na si Lola Helen mo." then she went inside the room and pondered. She lay flat on the floor and she was really looking sad. She was like that for about a couple of hours; and she refused to eat. That's no make up and it's really uncanny. Perhaps I can say that doggies have feelings to.

Tita Helen's son would have been my prom date last February 4, 2006 if matters weren't fixed. Haha. I just remembered. I guess all we have to do is to pray for her soul and may she rest in peace. I won't see her for a long time and the next time we'll meet would be eans more to go. 'Til then, Tita Helen. I'm gonna pray for you. :) Be happy, at least you're not suffering anymore now. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home