27.11.06

Two can play that game

What have I done?! It's only now that I realized that I voluntarily grabbed something that would drive me insane in the next academic months; that is, the Oratorical B and Oral Spelling Bee for English Week 2007. Me, oratorical? Me, oratorical? Me, oratorical? Damn it, yes!

ANGKAPALNGMUKHAMOPANGET.NAGSPELLINGBEEKANALANGSANA

I was just so apathetic this morning that I just said 'yes' to Marianne when she asked me. I didn't think of things, obviously. I agreed on it so I don't have the right to complain. I'll just make a little bit of heaven out of that earth day. In lieu with English week, I thought of something. It's gonna be on February, meaning the season of CETs results. Eto lang 'yun eh. There are two things that may happen: Pananagutan will win because I'm happy and motivated; or Pananagutan will lose because I'm upset, depressed or even dead. Yeah, here I go again.

I'm gonna try this oratorical event since I haven't tried it since I entered high school. I believe I've got nothing to lose if I don't really win, do I have? Yeah, prolly my pride. ^_x Well as you all know, people dear to me, I sometimes think that I need to be perfect for this and that thing, that I cannot make mistakes. I put pressure on myself too much and I just wish that I would soon realize that everyone's just human--capable of reaching great potential but not capable of being perfect. So there, Clarissa. Just do my best and realize that this is enough. And maybe it's good if I won't compare myself to anyone and be happy with what's happening.

I'll just work and set the stage for good things to happen.

Actually, it would have been better if they will release the topic a day before the actual speech. But what the hey, they're gonna tell us 3 hours before the actual speech. Talk about a little mercy, for us.

I have to read, read, read. Prolly current rants and issues of common people, the youth, the whoever.

p.s. I'm actually doing good in school now, except for one subject. Analytic Geometry, that is. I don't know. I just don't feel good at it now. By the way, I want to take a long walk in a place with green, damp grass (NOT THE SCHOOL FIELD, PLEASE!). Walking, for me, is very very therapeutic at times like this. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home