6.9.06

Apathy Building

I'm out of school. Wow, this is the first time I used that term. Out of school. Great. Fantastic.

Yeah, I am out of school for a total of 2 days now. Unfortunately, I have to get back later even though I am feverish because of the stupid club. Blech. We're having Tempura for today and surprise! I am bringing the main ingredient: THE PRAWN. Whoa. The Prawn rhymes with The Dawn. Haha. Fool. Whatever.

Being out of school is actually fun. It brings more fun than sem-breaks do. Ehem. The ultimate "sem-break" of the school is nearing because October 28--onwards is nearing. October 31's nearing. Woohoo. Who's turning sixteen? ^_^

Okay, so back to the out-of-school blech. I have been sick for a total of 5 days now. I went to school last Monday because I do not want to miss classes. I know the burden brought by missing classes. I also attended my classes last Monday because I need to participate in the Eco-Song practise. So there. I was fetched in school at around 7:15 and it was raining really hard that time. My legs were really aching I don't know why. So there. Chilly weather + muscle pain + slight fever + stress = high fever. Last week's very loose for us seniors. I was too idle. That's why I hate being idle. I get to lose my reserved energy for all the 4th-year "adventures". Blah. Corny.

There's one thing I realized while I was resting on my big bed. Being out of school lets someone be apathetic. I undoubtedly developed apathy towards school and everything related to it. I tried to be productive these days but as usual, I ended up sleeping. Well, I need sleep. :) Now I know why the so-called out-of-school youth love being out of school.

Rawr. I semi-hated my club. I am supposed to go back to school tomorrow but because of it, I have to go back today. Oh I wanna savor this little rest time of mine. My life's so boring. It's always home--school--home--school for me. I've been living this life for 12 years and probably for the next 10 years, too; since there's a plan of entering med school. 10 more boring and draining years to come.

By the way, ACET's nearing. It's next Sunday. Great. Mental torture once again. Speaking of school, I browsed through my "dream med school"'s website and I found this:

Required Course
1. Biology: one year with laboratory experience.
Courses taken should deal with the cellular and molecular aspects as well as the
structure and function of living organisms. Advanced placement credits cannot be
used to satisfy this requirement; upper level courses should be taken if granted
advanced placement credits.
2. Chemistry: two years with laboratory
experience. Full year courses in general (or inorganic) and organic chemistry
generally meet this requirement. A one semester course in organic chemistry
which covers the relevant material supplemented by a semester course in
biochemistry may substitute for the traditional year of organic chemistry. We
will consider other options that adequately prepare students for the study of
biochemistry and molecular biology in medical school. Advanced placement credits
which enable a student to take an upper level course may be used to meet one
semester of this requirement.
3. Physics: one year. Advanced placement
credits which enable a student to take an upper level course may be used to meet
one semester of this requirement.
4. Mathematics: one year of calculus.
Advanced placement credits may satisfy this requirement (Calculus AB - 1
semester, Calculus BC - 2 semesters). A course in statistics does not meet this
requirement.
5. Expository Writing: one year. Writing skills are important
for the study and practice of medicine. This requirement may be met with any
non-science courses that involve substantial experience in expository writing.
Advanced placement credits cannot be used to satisfy this requirement.
6. Additional requirements for the HST Program: Requirements are the same as above except that calculus including differential equations and one year of
calculus-based physics in college are required.
A course in biochemistry is
strongly encouraged before matriculation.

and not only that, there's something I found really rawr-ing:

Supplemented their education with at least one year of college or university training in the United States or Canada if they have completed academic work outside the United States or Canada. (Foreign students who do not have a baccalaureate or advanced degree from an institution in the United States or Canada are rarely accepted for admission.)

So there's 14 more years of boring life if ever. And more additional units to take in college since I chose other medical courses. Grrrrr. More Math units.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sandrine said...

(Loooong comment. :)))
hahaha. ayoko ng araw na to.
no, ayoko ng week na to.
Simula Sunday, may sakit na ko. Rawr

Alam mo, sakit ng mata ko kagabi at ang lala ng sipon ko, kaya di ako nakapag-aral.

Binalak kong gumising ng maaga pero pag gising ko, andun pa rin ung sakit ng mata at ang malalang sipon. Nakakaiyak. Lalo na dahil quizzes namin sunod sunod in the morning. Kamusta naman grade ko noh.

Umiyak nga ako sa bus kasi di ako makapag-aral. Gusto ko na lang umuwi, matulog, mag-rest..

Hay hay. Nanghihina ako buong araw. Ayoko na. :))

Can't God just heal our sickness? (haha) I can't take it anymore. :))

Hahaha. SInce Sept. 1, I've been thinking about what I'm going to give you on your birthday. (Bakit since Sept. 1? Long story) Hahaha. Any requests? XP

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:58:00 AM  
Blogger Malditix said...

Hahaha. SInce Sept. 1, I've been thinking about what I'm going to give you on your birthday. (Bakit since Sept. 1? Long story) Hahaha. Any requests? XP

--that is a big joke. ahaha. requests? Uhm. I want you. :D haha. eew ano ba yun, iba ata ang dating. haha.

aww. I don't receive gifts when it's my birthday. I mean the real gifts that are wrapped and opened by the celebrant. Haha. :D

give me anything. I really do not ask for anything. I am not the gift-hungry type :)

Everyone's getting sick. The weather is not really chilly in the morning. Monsoons are here and it rains during the night. Okay, what's the connection, by the way? Wala.

Yeah. This week is hell-week. I thought for us seniors only pero kaninang club, it turned out na hindi lang ako ang bad trip. Everything's just wrong this week. This is the worst club meeting we ever had. I was excited pa naman. Blech. Worst Tempura I've ever tasted.

Masakit din ang mga mata ko. Lalo na kanina pag sakay ko ng bus. Ewan. You know what's really uncanny right now? I'm sick with no side-symptoms like colds, cough or whatever. Pero my eyes are really aching. Gusto na akong dalhin sa ospital ng Mom ko kasi baka raw dumating na ang "annual health burden" ko. I refused. I know there's something wrong now but I don't wanna know it. Bottom line is: I want to stay in school

Whew. Long comment. Parang hindi na tayo nagkikita. :) See you tomorrow, hopefully. May lagnat pa rin ako.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:22:00 AM  
Blogger sandrine said...

Aww Clarissa.

Hope you feel better. :)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:28:00 AM  
Blogger Malditix said...

Well, yeah.

See you tomorrow. This is for real! :D I hope so.

Thanks

Thursday, September 07, 2006 3:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home