22.8.05

**Akala ko mga bata lang ang nagkaka-dengue.. Hindi pala.. Pati rin pala mga fourteen-year-old na di halos lumalabas ng bahay, puwede magkaroon..

TULAD KO.

I went home last Friday, feeling super tired and dead beat with this fever. The weather last Friday was undeniably really awful because it was super cold so I just thought I had the fever due to the weather... but, 3rd day of the high fever came and my doctor/tita required us to go to the hospital for the blood testing.
let's cut the story short.. I HAD DENGUE. I MISSED ALL MY EXAMS. I HAD MY BLOOD TESTED FOR COUNTLESS TIMES. I STAYED INSIDE A HOSPITAL FOR 6 DAYS. I WAS A LONER FOR 6 DAYS. My stay in the hospital changed my life. I realized how good health important is. I was also familiarized with the consequences of being someone who works in the medical field. Especially nurses. The common misconception that we have when it comes to nurses is that utusan lang sila ng mga doktor, taga-hugas ng puwet ng pasyente, utusan, utusan, UTUSAN.. well, in a way, utusan nga sila pero hindi yung iniisip ng mga tao..

Without nurses, patients would be dead. Literally. Attending physicians that we pay to do not stay up late to monitor the patients' needs. They only show up to us twice or thrice.. Nurses never left the patients.. Sa kanila na halos nakasalalay yung buhay at ikaga-galing ng pasyente. Hindi rin natin masisisi ang mga nurse kung after 2 years of experience dito ay lumilipad sila papuntang London, Canada, United Kingdom.. eh kasi naman! ang hirap ng trabaho nila tapos minimum wage lang ang bayad sa kanila dito sa Pinas! eh kung gawin kaya nilang at least 20,000+ ang suweldo ng nurse dito. baka sakaling di mag-alisan lahat... 5,000 pesos per 15 days ang suweldo ng nurse dito, sa ibang countries, $5000 per day! o ano, san ka pa?!
Why do I have to study medicine and get a salary that's not as high as the nurses'? Why suffer and be envious of the nurses na under sa'yo? I'm gonna take up nursing not as a preparatory medicine course.. but as my profession.. What's bad or jolog about being a nurse? Hello. Sino bang binabayaran ng malaki sa abroad? Nurses po. Wala ngang naka-kabit sa pangalan ko in the future pero.. aanhin ko ung naka-kabit sa name ko kung nagugutom naman ako?! No use din naman eh...

Pero.. bakit si Mama isang nurse pero di kami ganun ka-filthy rich??? Duuh.. lam ko naman sagot dun.. Mama chose to stay here with us than in abroad..
No one beats the hospitality that the nurses in that hospital showed me! Nothing beats them. I will miss those nurses.. super. Especially nurse Carl.. cute.. guwapo.. we even had a picture taken... ;P sana maging successful cia pag lumipad cia.. hehe.. :D

I'm going back to the hospital on Saturday for the final check-up. Sana duty pa rin yung mga nurses na nag asikaso sa akin! I'm gonna check up on them..

Utang na loob ko pa sa inyo lahat..

Bigay pugay sa mga nurse.. hehe.. :d

'til it's over.

Clarissa.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home